Friday, March 29, 2013

Day 29 - 4 Weeks

As we head into Good Friday and Easter, I thought I'd give a few updates:
  • The rest of my tape came off today and I'm told things are healing up quite nicely
  • My scar is pretty sweet
  • My arm is starting to gain noticeable strength, almost daily now
  • The shoots and shots of pain, the aches, and other fun things are also decreasing
  • Though it seems I'll be tight in my chest area for a while yet, it's better, not as uncomfortable
  • Mobility has taken a huge turn upward for the better :)
  • I'm approved for using a stationary bike and I'm excited to give that a try!
  • My memory seems to be a little slippery - especially when I try to recall things from those first few weeks :)  But hey, that's cool :)  I love drugs ;)
  • Energy is on the rise, but somehow, I still seem to need soooo much sleep and I still seem to have waves of energy and then realize the wave has passed ;)
  • People are still generously checking in, bringing me cards and/or flowers, etc.  There is no one more spoiled than me and I appreciate it so so much
  • I'm back at work, part-time - I'm blessed with an amazing boss and co-workers - they've been incredible to me
  • One of my most favorite things in this world is sleeping in my bed, and then waking up with my head against my great pillows and just deeply appreciating comfortable rest - man, I'm blessed
  • And...my sister Mary comes home from her mission this Saturday!  That's enough to boost anyone's immune system :).  So grateful for her energy and love for our Savior.  So grateful for her example to me.
Happy Easter to you.  I'm grateful for Easter.  It is one of my absolute favorite holidays.  Without it there would be no Christmas and there would be no hope for life with Heavenly Father after this life is over.  It also has increased meaning for me this year as I remember that each of us who have ever lived and ever will live will be resurrected and have a perfect body someday because of the gift of Christ's resurrection.  We are so blessed.

Loves to each of you :)

2 comments:

Lena said...

Becky! Thank you so much for your post. I want to be a better person after reading it! and yay for Mary's coming!!

Maren B said...


Woohoo! I'm so glad things are progressing steadily! The resurrection will be a beautiful thing!