Thursday, April 18, 2013

Day 50 - 7 Weeks

Life is so good, the Lord is so good.  Time has flown by so fast, especially since returning to work, I can hardly believe it's been 7 weeks.  Things are going really well, everything is so much better, as of last Thursday, 6 weeks, I felt this new surge of energy and lightness that reminded me so much of my old self.  This week, it has felt like whatever was dragging a bit, left for good.  There have been so many blessings, and that is a huge one for me.  Yes, I still need to watch it not to overdo it, but truly, every aspect of this experience is on the up, on the mend, and moving forward.

And last night, I met one of the wheelchair participants of this recent Boston Marathon held earlier this week, April 15, Patriot's Day.  It was his first Boston, but he's done countless others through the years.  He is such a beautiful soul, sweet, gentle, without guile, and talking with him touched me so much.  He was a little shook up by the 'chaos' as he called it - he'd finished the race and when the bombs went off, he looked back and saw everything from a booth he was visiting.  Meeting this good man, really inspired me, I can't even explain it, but there was such a good feeling with him, I feel so much a desire to live life to the fullest, to be at peace, and to appreciate and learn from people like him that are so good, so sweet, unassuming, gentle and kind.  Each of us is a child of our Heavenly Father, we're each brothers and sisters.  I know this so deeply within me, and each time the Lord allows me to meet one of his children like Nathan Crowton, I can't help but feel a renewed desire to truly live, to appreciate all around me, and to live with beautiful gratitude as is so evident in Nathan's countenance. 

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Becky, I just found your blog through Dr. Thackeray's. I am so glad to see that you are doing well! My thoughts and prayers are with you! I loved reading your blog, I am so sorry you had to go through this, but your positive attitude is truly inspiring.