Sunday, May 19, 2013

Day 81 - 11 Weeks

In response to Angelina Jolie's Op Ed in the New York Times, May 14, 2013, KSL News ran her story, including a few stories from women here in Utah. They found out about me through a connection in the choir, and contacted me.  Honestly, it happened so fast, I didn't really process who was going to see it, but just knew they wanted to hear my story, so I did an interview with Nkoyo from KSL.  She was super awesome to me, so nice and it was good to talk with her.  They took a couple clips from it and included it in the spots below.


* TV spot was use on the radio but I don't have a copy of that

* Deseret News article, just to be clear though, I did not test positive for the BRCA1 gene, my test thankfully came back negative.  Hopefully this article doesn't come across the breakfast table of any of my doctors!

* KSL News' mini-section of the bigger article, it's called "Utah women share their experience of a mastectomy" by Nkoyo Iyamba. They got the BRCA1 gene info correct, but it's interesting, I did not "argue against such drastic measures" like they say in the article....ah, the news, good ol news reporting ;)

No comments: