Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Day 7 - Pathology Report & the Drains

"All good news!"

Those were Dr. Loyd's comments as she shared the beautiful news of my pathology report this week. Before I continue, I'd like to say a word on faith and prayer - I truly believe that regardless of the outcome, all of our prayers have been heard and answered.  I've felt your faith lift me and help me do what I did not feel I could do on my own. Somehow, I have been given the gift of an amazing outcome and miraculous healing.  There are others with great prayers and faith who've had different outcomes, and I hope that I would and will be just as grateful and believing should a more difficult situation have been or become my path someday.

Pathology Report
* Lymph Nodes:  Confirmed clean!  All three that were biopsied and removed came back clean.  This means no chemo, and no spreading of cancer to other areas.  Still makes me a bit emotional.

* Top Region of Breast:  Clean also!  The surgery was a skin-sparing, nipple-sparing single mastectomy...and a few other words I don't remember, but this area had two strikes against it for me keeping it, but I just felt like it would be okay to at least try to keep as much of the outside as possible.  It is such a gift to be able to keep so much.

* Type:  All DCIS, none invasive, huge blessing.  From the MRI, the doctors had thought there was a good bit that might be invasive, so this was a great discovery for everyone, again a gift of no chemo.

* Size:  According to Dr. Loyd, because there was such a large amount and spread of the cell growth, from the skin to the chest wall, it looks like radiation will be recommended.  She is taking my case to a panel of doctors next week who will all examine it and determine what needs to be done.  If radiation is the recommendation, we'll look at our options and make the best choice possible.

Drains
Those came out last minute this evening.  It's so great to have them out - didn't realize how much I'd like that!  Dr. Self did such a great job taking them out.  I wish I could show you all, on a biological and anatomical level, how everything is looking...but of course, this is a bit more personal an area than say, my hand, so I won't be doing that, but seriously, the Lord is healing this area so beautifully.  There is no way to sing His praises enough.

No comments: