Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Diagnosis: DCIS

Really quick - my apologies for not explaining my little health situation for anyone who has read these few posts without having that information.  After doctor visits, exams, etc. during July and August last year, and after an MRI in August and a biopsy through MRI in September, I was diagnosed with a type of breast cancer called ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS).

Honestly, I'd be happy to explain more about that if people are interested...it just might take me some time to respond, but I will.  Whereas DCIS is usually in one or two, maybe a couple of ducts, mine seems to be wide-spread and there has been concern that there may be other stuff going on as well.  Who knows, but we'll find out soon.  Mine was thankfully found early, it's quite likely that it has not spread to the lymph nodes, and if removed it has an extremely high likelihood of being cured.  Hope that helps :)

1 comment:

Maren B said...

I'm glad to hear about the good prognosis! Eva makes sure we don't forget to pray for you every day, especially that you won't be scared and that your body will be healed. We love you!