Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Scheduled MRI - Christmas gift

Hello everyone :)  Here is a fun update - fun for me.  Hope it will make sense.

One of my goals during this fall was to be re-tested, comparing apples with apples, though another MRI.  This started to seem a bit impossible due to information I was given and which I possibly misunderstood.  The financial commitment felt too steep and as there were other tests that I learned of that were much less expensive, I thought maybe I would use those until an MRI re-test was approved for insurance coverage.

Thanks to a dear friend and work partner who pounded the pavement and eventually communicated with the CEO of St. Mark's hospital, an incredible reduction in billing cost was extended to me last week if I could be tested by the end of the year.  What a blessing!  After learning the news, Mom, Tim and I knelt down and offered up a prayer of gratitude.  The MRI is the most accurate of tests and this would help us see what direction we need to head moving forward.

Faith and trust have been major components of my learning curve.  That said, I also feel it would help me breathe easier knowing if what we have been doing so far has made an impact.  In the end, whatever types of healing that do occur will occur because of my Heavenly Father and his matchless power.  And I want to assist in making the best choices possible.

So, that wonderful news came last Friday, and then I later learned more good news, that my insurance company would most likely cover the MRI, something I'd been told several times was extremely unlikely.  And somehow, the scheduling to do so this week opened up and I was able to schedule my MRI for tomorrow afternoon at 4pm.  Even typing that feels a bit emotional.  May I ask for your prayers tomorrow?  Thank you.  It will be such a blessing to have this test, I truly feel so grateful.  Results will come a week or so after. 

Thank you to each of you beautiful ones for your prayers, for your messages, for your funnies, happy thoughts, and beautiful pictures.  You have lifted me.  You mean the world to me.

May each of you  have a most Merry Christmas.

2 comments:

Meagan said...

Great news! I'm so glad you'll be able to get this much-needed information, and I hope it will give you peace of mind and clear direction about your plan going forward.

Michelle said...

Thank you for the update Bex! I have been thinking a lot about you and am glad to hear you will be able to get the MRI. Love you lots and I will be sure to remember you when I say my prayers!!