Friday, February 27, 2009

My visit to Rachel's

Can't believe it has already been two weeks since I visited my little sis Rach in Rio Rico, Arizona...right near the border. It was such a great experience spending time with her, meeting the lovely new addition to her family, Lena, and getting to know little Caleb a little bit better. That kid looks just like rach did at that age...except, his head is a bit bigger :).  It was also so good to hear more about Dean's job and to get a better understanding of what he's doing.  It was neat to see how good he is to my sister.  They are a great team!

Visiting with Rachel was so nice. I'm not sure there is anyone in this world with whom I can talk to and feel so understood, speak freely and not feel judged, and with whom I know I can always be my truest self. Feeling this way is such a gift. When I make a mistake, I know she will always forgive me and always help me be my best. Saying it was refreshing to be with her is an understatement - it had been a while since we were together and being with her rejuvenated me!

Hope you enjoy the pictures. I couldn't believe how perfect little Lenichka was...is. Seriously, the pictures don't even do her justice! 

She is so precious!

Please excuse the camera lady.  She still doesn't seem to know how to hold a camera upright nor how to refrain from saying weird, annoying things on camera :)  How unfortunate for the viewer.


Here is Caleb telling me all about the cows :)  Rach and Dean live in an open range area which means that cows roam the area freely...quite freely!  This was especially funny when there were 7 of these guys right outside their back door.  

Below, Caleb demonstrates several animal sounds...he especially likes doing that while on Dean's back.  Though a little camera shy, you can get the idea.  He's a pretty funny little guy :).

8 comments:

Meagan said...

Rachel's kids are so cute, sounds like you had a very nice visit. Thanks for your kind wishes on our blog - we're all doing well over here and hope we get to see you again soon!

Unknown said...

It is soooo not fair that I don't even know when I'll get to see my neice and nephew! You are so lucky you got to go see them. I'm sure you and the best of times :) I hope I get to go see them too, but thanks for the pix and for the videos. Those are priceless :)

joseph said...

nice

littlercas said...

Bex- Thanks so much for putting all those pictures and movies up, especially since everyone has given up on checking to see if I'll ever update my blog. Something about the 700 new messages in my inbox along with the kids' sleeping schedules gets in the way of me ever sitting down at this computer. :) Thank-you for all you said about me. You know I feel the same way about you. I am so grateful God gave me a sister like you. Your friendship and love mean so much to me. love you sis.

Anonymous said...

Great to have an update on this beautiful family, Bex. I need to have your blog on my My Yahoo! page so I can keep updated on your life because you ROCK!

Maren B said...

WOw. That is one dang cute baby. And a cute toddler, but DANG that Elena is precious! Way to go Rachel/Dean for passing on your good genes. The world needs more cute babies.

Lena said...

I can't to don't visit this post at least once per day!
i love those pics, and i love the videos the most, they are amazing! Everyone from the family!
Becky, thank you very much for posting that! I love this post! I feel for you about Rach too. Except i never need to feel younger.. i have the opposite problem...
tebya lublu!

Lena said...

every single day...